- Hybrid Urban Form - is this where we are heading, in terms of building form?
- 1970s Leicester Uni Engineering Building - James Stirling - an early example of hybrid building typology, almost an early example of OMA's Museum Plaza - thanks Jacky!
- Mishmash - the upset of conventional form
- Anthony Burke - Network Practices; New Strategies in Architecture & Design - might be worth a look into, thanks again JAcky!
- Stagnant - what is it? How do we define it? Is it centri-fugal? Is it anything and everything that isn't horizontal or vertical?
- What is a crafted' building? Is it harder to craft a building that is not just tall or long? Define crafting; crafting structure, crafting facade, crafting programming.
- What constitutes a well-crafted Revit model? (find out from faculty tech experts)
- Potential new hypothesis: some buildings might be better 'crafted' into something else?
- A 'crafted' object requires a craftsperson to create it - this is the under-valued role of the architect - we cannot simply use a tool or instrument to generate building form - rather an instrument requires a skilled technician to 'play' it - create it.
- Derida's 'notion of the supplement' - something extra? what is this, find out asap.
- Revit 2010 - download it, play with it...
Friday, April 30, 2010
Draft Experiment 1: Cross-examination
Week 8 Experiment 1 Draft
Thoughts to consider this week, based on discussions in class, recommendations by others and questions posed on reflection...